Terms and Conditions
Contents of the Event (meetings, performance, exhibition, function, workshop, seminar, etc)
1. Hirer shall take all necessary steps to ensure that:
a. All necessary licenses and approvals for the Event have been obtained, a soft/hard copy of the license/approval must be given to the Management prior to the commencement of the Event;
b. All applicable payments, including license fees or royalty payments in relation to the intended Event shall be duly made to the intellectual property rights owner and/or its agent;
c. The Event shall not in any way infringe the rights including intellectual property rights of any third party;
d. The event shall not:
i. Erode the core moral values of society including but not limited to the promotion of permissive lifestyles and depictions of obscenity or graphic sexual conduct
ii. Denigrate or debase any person, group or class of individuals on the basis of race or religion, or serve to create conflict or misunderstanding in Singapore’s multi-cultural and multi-religious society
iii. Disparage or demean government bodies, public institutions or national leaders and/or subvert national security or stability
iv. Be offensive or obscene in nature or derogatory or defamatory to any third party or bring any dispute to or prejudice LikeMeetWork Pte Ltd (hereafter shall be referred to as “LikeMeetWork) in any way whatsoever.
e. Any remedial action required by the Management in response to requests from statutory authorities must be taken immediately and with no legal or financial liability being attributed to LikeMeetWork;
f. Hirer shall indemnify LikeMeetWork against all claims, demands, actions and proceedings arising out of any infringement of copyright on the unauthorised playing, performing or use of any record, tape, apparatus or contrivance occurring during the period of hire of the venue(s).
g. The Event does not contravene the laws of the Republic of Singapore
Proper Care for Artworks and General Property
2. Hirer is to treat all fixtures and fittings within the premises of LikeMeetWork with respect and care. Fixtures and fittings (e.g., mirrors, glass partitions, furniture, projector, whiteboards, etc) are not to be tampered with at any time. Hirer shall be fully liable for any damages or negligent actions caused by Hirer, or their agents (e.g., staff, volunteers, guests, attendees, participants, audience, actors, etc).
3. Hirer shall treat the general premises within and the surrounding area of LikeMeetwork with care and responsibility, and not to carry out any activities that may cause damage (e.g., stickers on wall/beams which may peel paints).
4. The payment terms are as follows:
· 50% deposit payable upon acceptance of the Agreement or upon being presented with an invoice
· 50% four weeks prior to the event day or day of set–up/rehearsal or upon being presented with an invoice
· All cheques should be crossed and made payable to “LikeMeetWork Pte Ltd”
Bank Name: Maybank Singapore Limited
Bank Account (SGD): 4051075473
PayNow: UEN 201909992K
SWIFT Code: MBBESGS2
Bank Code: 7302
Booking and Cancellation of Venue
5. In the event, where payment for deposit is not received seven (7) business days after the issue of the first invoice (based on the invoice date), all venue(s) booked under this Agreement shall be automatically released and the acceptance of this Agreement shall be deemed null and void.
6. The Management accepts no responsibility for any cancellation by Hirer and the deposit made is non– refundable. In the event where a notice of cancellation is given less than four (4) months prior to the event, the full payment shall be levied.
7. In the event where full payment is not received four (4) weeks prior to the event, the Management reserves the right to release the venue(s) booked.
8. The Management reserves the right to advance, defer, terminate or cancel any confirmed venue bookings in the event where supervening circumstances make it necessary for the Management to do so. In such an event, the Management will endeavour to give Hirer as much notice as reasonably practicable. In the event the Management cancels the booking or Hirer declines a rescheduling of the dates, the Management will refund the deposit paid by Hirer. Save as aforesaid, the Management shall not have any liability to Hirer for any loss or damage arising from the exercise of the rights herein.
9. The venue shall not be used for any purpose or in any manner which in the opinion of the Management may become a nuisance or may give cause for complaint from other occupants of the building or the public. In this regard, the opinion of the Management shall be final, conclusive and binding on Hirer. The Management shall have the right to terminate the whole or any part(s) of the event which it deems unacceptable and no claims for damages, losses, costs, expenses or otherwise whatsoever shall lie against LikeMeetWork on the account of such termination.
Food & Beverage Catering
10. The Management requires Hirer to use the food & beverages services of our official caterer appointed by the Management.
11. Should Hirer decide to use an external caterer, a surcharge of $400, or 20% of the final catering bill
(whichever is higher), shall be imposed by the Management.
12. Details of the other caterer shall be submitted to the Management for their reference and co-ordination. A subsequent briefing of standard operating procedures will be done by the Management.
13. Hirer will bear the charges for technician’s services within Hirer’s booking time and/or rehearsal. Additional overtime charges apply if technician’s service is needed after Hirer’s booking time.
14. Hirer is to place a refundable deposit by cash only to LikeMeetWork at least four (4) weeks prior to the set–up/rehearsal or event date. The amount of the deposit is as follows:
One venue space : $150
Two venue spaces : $300
Three venue spaces : $400
Four venue spaces and above : $500
Security deposits for Workstations are as follows:
Rental for 1-6 months : 1 month of rental rate
Rental for 7-12 months : 2 months of rental rate
15. The Management reserves the right to inspect and determine the damages and cleanliness of the venue. If there is no damage and the venue is cleaned, the Management will refund the deposit(s) to Hirer. In the event, any artwork or general property (see Clause 2) is damaged and/or not cleaned, the Management will engage the necessary contractor(s) to rectify the damages and/or clean up the venue(s). All rectification cost will be borne by Hirer and will be deducted from the deposit(s). If the cost of rectification is higher than the deposits, Hirer is required to make the additional payment. The additional payment is to be made within five (5) business days after being informed of the repair and/or cleaning cost(s).
Disposal of Bulky Materials / Waste
16. Hirer shall make their own arrangement to dispose bulky items such as crates, props, flower stands, furniture, equipment etc outside of LikeMeetWork. If these bulky items are left within the premises of AAC after the event, the Management will engage necessary contractor(s) to dispose of the items. All disposal cost will be borne by Hirer and will be deducted from the security deposit(s). If the cost of disposal is higher than the deposits, Hirer is required to make the additional payment. The additional payment is to be made within five (5) business days after being informed of the disposal cost.
Note: The above terms and conditions and rates are subject to change without prior notice.
REGULATIONS GOVERNING THE USE OF SHARED FACILITIES AT LIKEMEETWORK
1. These regulations governing the use of the shared facilities such as multipurpose studios, multipurpose hall, music studios and other spaces (“Venues”) at LikeMeetWork (”AAC”) which are for rental are issued by Arts House Limited.
2. The term “Manager” whenever used hereafter shall mean the person or persons in charge of venue rental at Arts House Limited and also person or persons as may be deputed by him to act on his behalf for the purpose of these Regulations.
Conditions and Restrictions
3. No person other than the authorized staff of Arts House Limited shall be permitted to remain on the Venues at
LikeMeetWork after the closing hours.
4. Except during the hours of any performance/event, no person shall be admitted to the Venues unless on official business.
5. The Manager may refuse admission to any person who in his opinion is likely to cause embarrassment or annoyance to other users/patrons of the Venues or patrons of LikeMeetWork.
6. Hirer shall observe the rental time of the commencement of the performance/event and shall vacate the
Venues on or before the expiry date and time of rental of the Venues.
7. Intoxicating or other liquors, beverages and food shall not be consumed at the Venues other than in the place and space allocated for such purpose.
8. Cooking is not allowed in any part of the Venues.
9. No smoking or striking of matches/gas lighters will be allowed in the rented Venues except when they are necessary for the business of the performance/function, in which case, approval needs to be obtained from the Manager. If the approval is given, sufficient suitable receptacles shall be provided by Hirer for the purpose of depositing matches, cigarette ends and pipe refuse. No naked fire shall be allowed at the Venues. There shall be strictly no smoking or striking of matches/gas lighters in the Technical Control Room/Area.
11. Screws, nails, double-sided tape, or any devices of any description likely to deface the walls, floors or ceilings are not allowed to be used on any part of the Venues.
12. All materials, goods, equipment, etc shall not be dragged in the Venues. For heavy loads, trolleys with rubber castors are to be used.
13. No advertising materials (such as banners and posters) or decorative materials shall be permitted on or around the Venues without the prior approval of the Manager.
14. All sceneries, draperies, cloths of any description, floral decorations, curtains, etc to be used in a performance/event shall be rendered flameproof.
15. The venue seating arrangements may not be altered without the prior approval of the Manager.
16. All passageways and means of exit at LikeMeetWork shall be kept clear.
17. Over-amplification of sound by electronic devices that may cause annoyance to other users in the venue, tenants and patrons at LikeMeetWork and the residents around are strictly prohibited.
18. No unauthorized person shall, without the consent of the Manager,
a) be admitted to the Management Office, Store Room, Technical Control Room or other non–public space;
b) handle stage technical appliances/equipment, or operate stage-lighting consoles, sound reinforcement consoles, curtain controls and the air-conditioning plants; and
c) have access to or play the pianos or other instruments
19. No electrical apparatus or fittings of any kind shall be attached to, or used in conjunction with the existing electrical switchgears or fittings without the prior permission of the Manager. If permission is given, Hirer shall comply with the relevant authorities’ requirements and install/remove them at his own expense.
20. No audio or video recording, filming or still photography shall be taken during a performance/function except with the permission of Hirer and with the prior consent of the Manager.
21. No Hirer shall have control over any staff member of LikeMeetWork. Any disagreement with any staff member, or misbehaviour by staff members shall be reported to the Manager.
22. Giving of gratuities to staff members of LikeMeetWork is strictly prohibited.
23. Hirer shall not be entitled to any refund of rental charges or to any compensation under any circumstances unless otherwise previously stated. In the event of a major electricity outage of more than four hours, whilst the venue is being used by Hirer, the rental charges of any appropriate part thereof affected by the electrical breakdown may be refunded provided that the event/function is also cancelled due to such a breakdown.
24. Hirer must reset and reinstate all lights, switches and equipment in Event Hall back to their original setting and position as when it handed over to Hirer by the Manager. Should this not be done or not satisfactorily completed in the handover, the Manager reserves the right to debit from Hirer‘s security deposit, the cost of reinstatement of all equipment back to their original setting and position. Should the cost of reinstating the equipment be greater than the security deposit held by the Management, the Manager reserves the right to invoice Hirer the remaining amount to ensure satisfactory reinstatement of all equipment in the Event Hall.
25. Bookings are made strictly between the Manager and Hirer, and are not transferable by Hirer to anyone.
26. The Manager reserves the rights to cancel, terminate, advance or defer any bookings of all venues at any time by giving prior notice to Hirer. The Manager will only exercise this right of termination upon extraordinary circumstances such as security matters. In this respect, the decision of the Manager shall be final. The Manager may in his absolute discretion grant or refuse any application for the use of the venues without assigning any reason.
a) In any of the above cases, Hirer shall be given advance notice as early as possible of the intention to cancel, terminate, advance or defer the bookings. The Manager or LikeMeetWork shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by Hirer arising out of or in connection with such cancellation, termination, advancement or deferment of any booking.
b) Upon cancellation or termination of bookings, any monies paid by way of booking fee or deposit for the whole or part of the period of booking shall be refunded without interest.
27. It is the duty of Hirer to ensure and to prove the following has been obtained with respect to the use of the venue for the purpose of performance, exhibition, function, meeting, seminar, etc
a) necessary licence(s), permits etc from the relevant authorities b) written permission from the copyright owners, if applicable
c) Hirer shall on request produce the necessary licenses, permits or other documents.
28. Hirer shall be responsible to pay all copyright royalties, if any, where applicable.
29. Hirer shall indemnify the Manager and LikeMeetWork against all claims, demands, actions and proceedings arising out of any infringement of copyright on the unauthorised playing, performance or use of any record, tape, apparatus or contrivance occurring during the period of rental of the venue.
Loss or Damage to Properties
30. The storage of properties at the venue will be at the risk of Hirer or owner, and the Manager or LikeMeetWork shall not be held responsible for any damage or loss by any cause whatsoever.
31. All properties must be removed on or before the expiry date and time of the venue hire unless an extension of the venue hire period is agreed to between Hirer and the Manager, and payment for the extended period made immediately. Failing which, the Manager reserves the right to dispose of or to destroy such properties as he may deem fit. No claim whatsoever shall be made against the Manager or LikeMeetWork on account of such disposal or destruction.
32. Should any equipment or property at the venue is broken, damaged or lost, or should any damage be done to the venue, Hirer shall pay a sufficient sum to make good such damage or loss. No equipment or property shall be altered or modified without the prior written approval of the Manager. If such approval is given, the Manager may require a security deposit to be given by Hirer to cover the cost of the repair or replacement should the equipment or property is damaged.
33. The Manager or LikeMeetWork shall not be held responsible for any loss of or damage to any properties of Hirer.
34. Hirer shall be entirely responsible for the proper and safe setting up of all his props and for the proper working of all his own electrical, mechanical and other appliances. The Manager or LikeMeetWork shall not be held liable for any loss or damage including but not limited to any accident or personal injury occurring to the public and/or any person engaged in connection with the work involved with the setting up of such props and the working of such appliances. Hirer is advised to have a public liability insurance for his exhibition, performance or event.
35. The charges for the hire of the various venue shall be in accordance with approved rates in force and the Manager shall decide the type of rates applicable to the performance/function. The tariff charges are subject to changes without prior notice.
Use of the name “LikeMeetWork” in any form, including visuals
36. Hirer undertakes to exercise due care to ensure the name “LikeMeetWork” shall not be used, mentioned or reproduced in any of his productions, businesses, products, promotions, advertisements or activities in relation to their hire of the space, that will in the opinion of the public, lower the dignity of the venues.
37. Hirer shall not be allowed to use pictures of LikeMeetWork in any form without the prior approval in writing by the Manager. If approval is given, Hirer is required to submit all details of the use, and obtain a written consent for the use.
38. Hirer shall ensure all parties working with Hirer adhere to the terms and conditions stated herein and comply with the directions of the Manager.
39. LikeMeetWork reserves the right to waive and/or amend provisions of the Regulations without prior notice.
40. If any one or more of the provisions contained herein shall be deemed invalid, unlawful, or unenforceable in any respect under any applicable law, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions contained herein shall not in any way be affected or impaired but these Regulations shall be construed as if they did not contain such invalid, unlawful or unenforceable provision.
Exclusion of liability
41. The Manager’s or LikeMeetWork sole obligation to Hirer shall be to lease out the venue to Hirer.
For the avoidance of doubt, the Manager or LikeMeetWork shall not be responsible for informing Hirer of any restriction of access to the venue, whether by means of public transport, public roads or otherwise, which may, in any way affect the staging of the performance/function by Hirer. In this respect, the Manager or LikeMeetWork shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by Hirer or any third party arising out of or in connection with such restrictions of access to these venue.
42. No party shall be liable to any party for the failure or delay in performance of these Regulations if and to the extent that such failure or delay is the result of Acts of God, governmental orders or actions, changes in legislation, war (whether declared or not), national emergencies, strikes, lockouts or any other industrial, civil or public disturbances, fire or accident, or any event or circumstances for which the relevant party cannot reasonably be held responsible.
Rights of Third Parties
43. A person who is not a party to this agreement shall have no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act to enforce any of its terms.
Note: The above regulations are subject to change without prior notice.
Release, waiver and discharge of liability and indemnity
44. I hereby release, waive and discharge LikeMeetWork Pte Ltd and their directors, officers, agents, servants, affiliates, associates, partners and employees (hereinafter collectively referred as “Releasees”) from, and covenant not to sue the Releasees or any of them for, any and all liability, claims, demands, actions and causes of action whatsoever arising out of or in relation to any loss, damage or injury including death, that may be sustained by me or to any property owned by me, howsoever caused.
45. I hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees and each of them from any losses, claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including legal fees) that they may suffer or incur arising out of or in relation to, directly or indirectly, my presence and/or behaviour and whether caused by the negligence of the Releasees or otherwise.
46. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Releasees shall not be liable in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, for any (i) direct loss, (ii) indirect or consequential loss, (iii) damage, (iv) cost and expense, or (v) loss of profits, incurred or suffered by me.
47. I further expressly agree that the foregoing release, waiver, discharge, covenant and indemnity agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by law and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that remainder shall continue in full force and effect.